Senior Manager Accounting- ClarusONE Job at McKesson Cork Business Solutions Unlimited – Cork, County Cork
McKesson Corporation, currently ranked 5th on the FORTUNE 500, is a healthcare services and information technology company dedicated to making the business of healthcare run better. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. McKesson helps its customers improve their financial, operational, and clinical performance with solutions that include pharmaceutical and medical-surgical supply management, healthcare information technology, and business and clinical services.
ClarusONE Sourcing Services, LLP, provides strategic generic pharmaceutical services for both Walmart Stores, Inc. and McKesson Corporation. The two companies have more than two decades of history working together to improve the quality and lower the cost of pharmaceutical care to patients.
This partnership leverages McKesson’s demonstrated strength and expertise in global pharmaceutical sourcing in conjunction with Walmart’s strength and commitment to delivering leading health and wellness services to their customers.
As part of this arrangement, McKesson and Walmart have established this organisation in London to provide strategic sourcing services for both companies.
PURPOSE OF JOB
The job incumbent will play a key role in supporting ClarusONE’s Accounting and Reporting ensuring accuracy, operational efficiency and timely delivery of financials. The position holder will act as the key interface between PSaS Finance, Walmart Finance, ClarusONE FP&A and MCK Shared Service teams.
- Responsible for Monthly P&L reporting for the Joint Venture to the Controller, VP Finance and Member Finance teams including variance analysis vs Plan and Forecasts.
- Preparation & ownership with Controller of monthly forecasting and annual budgeting process for Operating Expenses.
- Ownership of the balance sheet of the UK entities with the support of various global teams based in the United States & India.
- Ensure the integrity of the accounts is maintained correctly by our shared service global partner teams.
- Drive adjustment as required in the maintenance and review of all financial reporting records including general ledger, payroll, accounts payable and fixed asset systems. Liaise with various teams that will action adjustment requests and changes to the accounting records.
- Ensure both Members confidential financial information is protected in line with the partnership agreement.
- Ownership of the accounting calculations for the Joint Venture related to NCI (Non-Controlling Interest). Preparation of the Distribution Calculation for Controller review related to the Distribution to members quarterly.
- Review & ensure the accuracy, reporting and timeliness of the ClarusONE fees and rebates involving 200 vendors with an annual value of $240million
- Review invoice supplier billings for fees and rebates on behalf of both Members
- Serve as primary point of contact with ClarusONE Members’ respective Finance and Accounting teams.
- Preparation of the UK GAAP Partnership Financial Statements for Controller & VP Finance Review
- Serve as a lead point of contact for the UK GAAP external audit.
- Support the Controller & PSaS for the US GAAP external audit (as it relates to ClarusONE)
- Update SOX narratives as processes evolve and support various RCG requirements
- Partner with the Controller and the VP of Finance to deliver set financial results.
- Lead and support ClarusONE Controller with other projects & business initiatives, including process improvement, system enhancement, ad-hoc analysis, business initiatives, etc.
- Support ClarusONE Legal with annual regulatory reporting requirements.
- Line Management responsibility for ClarusONE Accountant; setting direction for the function, supporting prioritisation of tasks, setting objectives and measuring progress, managing annual review process.
- Engage in Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
At least 5 years post qualified experience
Beneficial to have multinational experience in a pharmaceutical or healthcare company
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels within the organization
- Proven analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively with others to accomplish goals
- Demonstrate ability to explore options and make appropriate choices to support the business through collaboration and personal drive
- Disciplined in planning and execution to achieve goals
- Project planning, organizational, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Experience partnering with IT for self-developed technology solutions
- Awareness of diversity and corporate culture
SAP & BPC/HFM
Well versed in Excel and able to manage large data volume
Experience in Microsoft Access and Powerpoint desired
Experience with Alteryx, financial modeling & reporting desired
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
General office environment
Travel, both regional and international may be a requirement of this role
About the Company
Company: McKesson Cork Business Solutions Unlimited –
Company Location: Cork, County Cork