Financial Accountant Job at Job Fountain – Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
.Maintenance of accounting records in line with good accounting practice, IFRS and relevant legislation, including the review and posting of journals, preparation of calculations for accruals and the review of balance sheet & other reconciliations. Month end reporting to Group (SMART (SAP)/ variance analysis/ SG&A and other cost analysis).
·Preparation and monitoring of company cash flows, cash flow forecasts and implementation of Company’s Cash Management Policy.
· Establish and administer the appropriate procedures and computerized maintenance management processes as applicable to prudent financial management, in particular the accounting processes.
·Coordinate accounting activities with operation, maintenance, administration, and HSE departments.
·Assist with the preparation of annual Budget. Monitoring of actual results versus budget including reporting to budget holders.
·Preparation and submission of company taxes.
·Review of local and foreign payments with line with VAT and SARB requirements.
·Organizing the yearly financial audit including the preparation of the audit file and annual financial statements.
·Support, manage, guide and mentor the finance team to achieve the objectives of the department.
·Ensure compliance with Group financial policies and guidelines.
·Establish and implement vertical/ horizontal communication within the team to ensure members are well informed and remain engaged with the business.
·Monitor inventory levels and stock costings at sites.
·Oversight of IT and OT expenditure.
·Adherence to Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental policies and standards.
·Implements lessons learned processes and other activities to achieve a learning organization.
· Any other ad hoc projects or work as required from time to time.
THE FOLLOWING IS A MUST HAVE:
- 5 years of similar experience in a corporate environment, preferably as part of a multi-national business.
- Strong track record of full financial management function.
- Proven track record of operating under tight deadlines and in a time-pressured environment.
- Up to date knowledge of IFRS.
- Leadership and team management skills.
- A strong attention to detail, plus analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of the main database platforms used – (Infor SunSystems, Maximo, MS Office).
- Used to working within a multi-cultural environment.
- Proven delegation skills and able to create a work climate where people are empowered to take action.
- Excellent communication skills, capability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels.
- Ability to act independently to prioritize, initiate, resolve and complete actions required to take the business forward to meet goals.
- Team player.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
First interview is Telephonic and use soft copies.
About the Company
Company: Job Fountain –
Company Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal