Application Engineer – Storage Job at AGI – Winnipeg, MB
Position Title: Application Engineer – Storage
Department: Application Engineering
Division: AGI Canada
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
As the Application Engineer – Storage, you will work closely with the Product Engineer to perform calculations, configure and/or design specific equipment using pre-engineered subcomponents in each product family.
The role will report to the Application Engineering Manager and work on engineering and designing custom assemblies on the occasions where a configurable solution is not suitable.
- Responsible for the design of systems and the utilization of products in the end application to meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Provide configurations to the quoting team, that include specific components that meet the specifications reviewed by the systems engineer and/or customer.
- Promote solutions to the customer by explaining the technical functionality and benefits.
- Read customer specifications, to determine what configurations are required, and ensure any special considerations are identified and resolved.
- Define and/or develop tools to aid in the configuration, optimization, or promotion of products and systems.
- Work independently within established design procedures, equipment portfolios and templates to develop project specific equipment designs or configurations meeting customer requirements.
- Maintain a customer focus, while also ensuring the equipment will be technically successful, for system design and product implementation.
- Understand the various regional regulations, standards, and certification requirements for products and systems.
- Manage, train and educate both internal and external sales representatives, support staff as well as new dealers and distributors on how to effectively sell and quote our products.
- Raise concern and/or reject applications/opportunities where excessive risk exist or expectations cannot be satisfied.
- Evaluate all applications to ensure they meet corporate guidelines.
- Communicate with Sales and Design Engineering to coordinate product modifications and application requirements.
- Represent your team in project meetings with customers, cross divisional or corporate.
- Provide market feedback/requirements to the Product Engineering team.
- Own the engineering communication with 3rd party equipment/structure suppliers.
- Track changes in equipment designs throughout the approval process and assists with cost impact to support the change order process.
- Communicate the customer approved drawings to the manufacturing locations, such that the correct equipment is manufactured at the appropriate time.
- Review individual equipment approval drawings produced by application designer to ensure correct and accurate information and compliance to corporate standards prior to sending to customer.
- Travel to jobsites or AGI manufacturing centers when necessary
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering from accredited university
- 3-5 years of demonstratable structural steel or bin storage design experience.
- Knowledge of Steel and Building Codes AISC, ASCE and experience with Limit States and Allowable Stress design is mandatory.
- Knowledge in mechanical and system fan aeration design an asset.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng) in the province of Manitoba, and/or other Canadian Provinces.
- Comfortable working with and in a customer environment.
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
- Mechanical aptitude and a desire to work in a fabricated equipment environment, with a propensity for machine design
- Ability to own personal development and gain an understanding of the equipment that we manufacture, how it is produced and why designs are made the way they are
- Ability to think analytically and make accurate and timely decisions
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment, initiative, and a strong work ethic
- Strong team player.
- Keen attention to detail
Application deadline: 2021-11-26
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Are you legally authorized to work in Canada?
- Are you registered as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng) in the province of Manitoba, and/or other Canadian Provinces?
- Do you have experience with Limit States and Allowable Stress design?
- Do you have 3-5 years of demonstrable structural steel or bin storage design experience?
- Do you have knowledge of Steel and Building Codes AISC, ASCE?
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
About the Company
Company: AGI –
Company Location: Winnipeg, MB